When “Change Fuser Unit” / “Install New Fuser Unit” is displayed and the printing stops, replace the fuser unit.
You can continue printing even after “Change Fuser Unit” / “Install New Fuser Unit” is displayed by opening and closing the front cover. However, it is suggested to replace the fuser unit as it may cause damages or paper jams.
- Use the fuser unit until the end of its life and then replace it.
- As the fuser unit may become hot, be cautious during operation and always hold the handle to lift.
- When it is hot, wait until it cools down before any operation.
- Do not expose the image drum to direct sunlight or strong light (About 1,500 lux or above).
- Do not leave it for more than 5 minutes even under room lighting.
- Be careful not to touch the LED head when removing or installing the fuser unit.
Prepare a new fuser unit.
Turn off your printer by pressing the power switch.
Insert your finger into the recess on the right side of the printer and pull the front cover open lever (1) to open the front cover (2) forward.
Press the output tray open button (3) and open the output tray (4).
Pull forward the left locking lever (5) of the fuser unit to unlock.
Hold the fuser unit handle (6) and lift the fuser unit out of the printer.
Hold the fuser unit handle (6) and place the fuser unit into the printer.
Push back the left locking lever (5) of the fuser unit to lock.
Close the output tray (4) by pushing the both sides of the cover firmly.
Close the front cover (2).
The front cover cannot be closed if the output tray is not closed securely.