Lifespan of the belt unit has been reached. Press the [HELP] button, and solve according to the guidance shown on the Help screen.
Replacing the Belt Unit
- Prepare a new belt unit. New transfer roller unit is supplied with the new belt unit in the same package.
- Open the front cover.
- Remove the waste toner box.
- Push the center level (blue) to the right.
- Rotate the belt unit lock lever knobs (blue) to the left and push the lock levers towards yourself.
- Hold the handle and pull out the belt unit, hold the left-right label part (blue) and remove the belt unit.
Note: Removing the belt unit will expose all image drums to light. For preventing the optical deterioration of image drums, do not leave them as it is for more than 5 minutes after removing the belt unit. When leaving for more than 5 minutes, close the front cover, or remove all image drums and store them in a safe place where they are not directly exposed to sunlight or fluorescent light.
- Take out the new belt unit.
Note: Never place the removed belt unit in a vertical direction. Ensure that waste toner does not spill when removing the belt unit.
- Unpack the new belt unit from its packaging.
- Align the new belt unit and arrow label (red) of the printer, set it in the printer, and firmly press it inside.
- Raise the belt unit left/right lock lever, rotate the lock lever knob (blue) to the right and lock it.
- Return the center lever (blue) to the left.
- Set the waste toner box on the printer.
- Close the front cover.
Replacing the Transfer Roller Unit
- Lift opener (1) of the exit unit and pull out the exit unit.
- Pull up both tips of the transfer roller unit’s lock lever (blue).
- Hold the transfer roller unit’s label part (blue) and remove it.
- Remove transfer roller unit.
- Set the new transfer roller unit into the exit unit.
Note: Do not touch the sponge of the transfer roller unit.
- Push both sides of the lock lever (blue) down.
- Put the exit unit back into the printer.
Note: Please support recycling of the used belt unit and transfer roller unit. When disposing of the used belt unit and transfer roller unit in unavoidable circumstances, put them in a plastic bag, and ensure to dispose according to the instructions provided by your local municipality.